Plan Your Visit
The Preserve, a city of Atlanta park, is open and free to the public year round from 6 am - 11 pm.
We are located at 4055 Roswell Road, Atlanta, GA 30342, directly across from Pike's Nurseries.
Planning a self-guided tour with a large group?
Please contact the office (404.946.6394) so we may accommodate scheduling and group parking.
The Blue Heron office building is a private administrative building available by appointment or booked programs.
There is no public bathroom access.
BHNP Art GALLERY
The Art Gallery is available to view by appointment only. Please contact our curator, Sally Eppstein at 678-642-5300.
City of Atlanta Park Rules
- Report illegal activities to 911.
- Place all litter in receptacles.
- All pets must be on a leash in a City park, except in designated areas. Persons with pets must clean up after the pet. No pets are allowed during A, B or C festivals.
- No horses or ponies are allowed in any park at any time.
- No vehicles allowed off paved roads or on closed park roads.
- No tents or canopies allowed without the expressed written permission of the Commissioner, Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs, and other permits required by the city.
- No moonwalks, dunk tanks, or any equipment that calls for independent power (except by special permit).
- All games and activities that could damage the lawns are restricted.
- No glass containers allowed.
- No amplified music allowed (except by special permit).
- No selling of food or other items (except by special permit).
- No alcoholic beverages (except by special permit).
- Absolutely no drugs or illegal substances allowed on City property.
If you are a commercial photographer taking photos of shooting footage for a project, then please call our office (404.946.6394) to discuss permission.
Some projects permission must be granted by the City of Atlanta.