PLAN YOUR VISIT
The Blue Heron is a City of Atlanta Park
Free parking, free trails, open every day from dawn until dusk.
Blue Heron Nature Preserve
4055 Roswell Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
The Blue Heron building is not open to the public.
There are no public restrooms.
Blue Heron a stop on bus route 5.
No bikes allowed on the trails.
There is a bike rack by the main building.
CITY OF ATLANTA PARK RULES
Blue Heron staff & board maintain the 30-acres, owned by City of Atlanta, as an independent 501(c)3 non-profit.
- Report illegal activities to 911.
- Place all litter in receptacles.
- All pets must be on a leash in a City park, except in designated areas. Persons with pets must clean up after your pet. No pets are allowed during A, B or C festivals.
- No glass containers allowed.
- No vehicles allowed off the paved roads or on closed park roads.
- No moonwalks, dunk tanks, or any equipment that calls for independent power (except by special permit).
- No tents or canopies allowed without the expressed written permission of the Commissioner, Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs, and other permits required by the city.
- No amplified music allowed (except by special permit).
- No selling of food or other items (except by special permit).
- No alcoholic beverages (except by special permit).
- Absolutely no drugs or illegal substances allowed on City property.
- No horses or ponies are allowed in any park at any time.
Some projects permission must be granted by the City of Atlanta.
If you are a commercial photographer taking photos or shooting footage for a project, then please call our office (404.946.6394) to discuss permission.