CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
About Blue Heron Nature Preserve:
Blue Heron Nature Preserve is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting and caring for a 30-acre green space nestled in Atlanta’s North Buckhead neighborhood. Blue Heron is home to the 3-mile Blueway Trail, our largest capital project to date, which allows visitors to experience woodlands, wetlands, riparian areas and meadows – all without leaving the city. Our mission is to help foster personal connections with nature through conservation, education, and the arts.
Position: Part-time, 28 hour/week; $36,000-$39,000 annual salary
Blue Heron Nature Preserve, Inc. seeks a resourceful Development Manager to lead the nonprofit organization’s fundraising efforts. This position will set and achieve fundraising goals, maintain knowledge of fundraisers’ interests, cultivate relationships with new and existing donors, and collaborate with fellow employees, board members and volunteers for fundraising initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with passion for the environment; interest in thoughtful activation and stewardship of one of Atlanta’s most unique greenspaces; appreciation of diversity, inclusion, and equity to foster stronger organizations and communities; and commitment to maintain a strong pipeline of donors among individuals, corporations, and foundations.
The Development Manager will report to Blue Heron Nature Preserve’s Executive Director and will have the support of a Part-Time Administrative Assistant to assist in fundraising efforts and with donor relations. An ability to work at the Preserve is essential for success. The Development Manager for Blue Heron Nature Preserve, Inc. is a part-time, 28 hour/week position with a $36,000-$39,000 annual salary with the opportunity for an annual performance-related bonus. With successful fundraising, we see the Development Manager position as a full-time one in the future.
Benefits for this position currently include three-weeks of paid vacation and stipend for continuing education. Please submit a resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.
- Collaborate with the board of directors to create and implement a fundraising plan
- Lead and execute Blue Heron Nature Preserve’s annual fundraising plan which includes an annual fund mailing, semi-annual fundraising drives, events, developing grant proposals, securing corporate sponsorships and engaging in direct solicitations of support
- Expand Blue Heron Nature Preserve’s base of support among foundation, corporate and individual donors
- Coordinate all fundraising efforts working closely with the Executive Director, staff, Board members, and partners
- Meet with prospective and current donors to establish and strengthen relationships
- Manage the fundraising database (Neon CRM)
- Develop and maintain a prospect management table to support prospect review and promote shared accountability
- Organize a main fundraising event and develop additional fundraising special events
- Support Marketing & Communications staff in developing fundraising messages for newsletters, public relation efforts, social media, and printed collateral
- Manage a structured gift recognition program
- Perform other related duties as requested
- B.A./B.S. preferred with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public relations, non profit management or related field
- 2-4 years’ experience with professional fundraising for annual campaigns, major gifts, and individual, corporate, and philanthropic financial support.
- Proficient with a donor management software
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, confidence, capacity to initiate donor calls and visits, and interest in engaging with the metro Atlanta community
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with staff and board members
- Solid organizational skills
- Strong communication, writing, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
About Blue Heron Nature Preserve:
Founded in 2000 by a local educator, Blue Heron Nature Preserve, Inc. promotes, protects, and preserves a wondrous 30-acre tapestry of wetlands, woodlands, riparian creek areas, and meadows with the eponymous name linked by the 3-mile Blueway Trail. The 30-acre Blue Heron Nature Preserve attracts nature enthusiasts across the region as a research lab, outdoor classroom, inspiration and backdrop for creativity, sanctuary for health and wellness, and community hub.