We welcome scouting groups of any age, and are always excited to host a group at the Preserve. Let our experienced naturalists teach your troop about conservation of Georgia’s native species.
Tours and programs have a $75.00 minimum and are $8-$10 per scout once the minimum is met. We currently offer three program options: a 60-minute Nature Hike, a 90-minute Themed Program and a 90-minute to 2-hour Badge Program. Additionally, all programs qualify for a Blue Heron Nature Preserve Patch. The Preserve also has ample opportunities for Eagle Scouts and Bronze, Silver and Gold Award projects. Continue reading for program descriptions. To schedule a program or find out more about large group discounts and scholarship availability, please fill out our program inquiry form here.
When can I schedule a program?
- Programs are available any day or early evening of the week, depending on previous scheduling.
Can I schedule more than one program in one day?
- Yes, just plan on a half hour break between each program, for lunch or snack.
Will my program include time for our troop meeting?
- Blue Heron Nature Preserve is a City of Atlanta Public Park and our outdoor space is open from dawn to dusk. You are welcome to arrive early or stay after the program for your meeting outdoors.
Can parents and siblings attend the program?
- Parents and siblings are welcome to join us. However, the $8.00-$10.00 fee per scout also applies to siblings. Parents and Scout leaders are free.
Are adult leaders required to stay with the group?
- We must have an adult chaperone for every group. For groups of 15 or more children, we ask that at least 2 adult chaperones be present.